Nepal Telecom Resumes Missed Call Alert Service
The Missed Call Alert (MCA) service by Nepal Telecom (NTC) has been resumed from Nepal’s Republic day, Jestha 15, 2075. The MCA service will be available for NTC GSM and CDMA prepaid and postpaid mobile subscribers.
- MCA is a service which notifies the subscribers of the calls that they have missed.
- The service even informs about the calls that were missed when a phone is switched off or out of coverage or on a busy call. Once they are connected to the network, telecom operator sends a message (SMS) with the number of missed calls, the calling number and the time of the call to their phones.
- NTC provides the service for free for 15 days after the launch. After that period, the cost of the MCA service is Rs. 5 per month.
- To subscribe by SMS, customer needs to send the message sub mca to 1400.
- To subscribe by USSD, customer needs to dial *1400# and select the right option for subscription to MCA.